Annette received her primary qualification in counselling from Trinity College, Dublin in 2001 and over the past 18 years she has worked as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist in both the voluntary sector and in private practice. She began her professional career in the area of addiction and homelessness, working her way up from volunteering in a chaotic drug users' drop in centre, later moving into people management, becoming the Operations and Clinical Services Coordinator of a residential rehabilitation treatment facility and overseeing the establishment of a residential detoxification unit.
Annette has worked in private practice since 2006 with children, adolescents and adults. Her therapeutic style is person centered, integrative approach. She has vast experience working with a range of mental health issues, examples being anxiety, self-esteem, stress, depression, anger management and bullying.
She continuously engages in professional development training to ensure she is up to date with evidence based treatments of choice, including CBT for anxiety and depression - adults and adolescents, Issues of Sexual Violence, Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy for Children and Adolescents, Integrative Supervision.
She is an accredited member of the Irish association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP) and Addictions Counsellors of Ireland (ACI) since 2003 and an accredited Supervisor with both IACP and ACI since 2012.
- Diploma in Counselling
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision
- Practitioner's Certificate in Child and Adolescent Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Mindfulness Based Approaches to CBT in Adolescent Counselling and Classroom Applications
- Post Graduate Certificate in Issues of Sexual Violence
- Certificate in Workplace Management
- Certificate in Non-profit Leadership and Management
- Professional Certificate in CBT